The Latest Browser Support and Device Recommendations
Browser support recommendations for desktop and mobile browsers are constantly changing and close attention should be paid to updates as the slightest change can significantly impact user experience. On a quarterly basis, MCD Partners tracks the use of stable releases of browsers, operating systems, and devices for the general U.S. population, identifying the current share of the user base and potential velocity for large-scale adoption of new and obsolesce of old platforms.
Our device and browser support recommendations are based on the general U.S. consumer market. You should always take into account that your site’s target audience may differ.
Browser Support Recommendations
- Drop support for versions of IE prior to IE 11.
- Add full support of Firefox 42 and Firefox 43 to Win XP, Win 7, Win 8.1, Mac 10.10 and Mac 10.11.
- Drop support for versions of Firefox prior to version 42.
- Add full support of Chrome 46 and Chrome 47 to Win XP, Win 7, Win 8.1 Mac 10.10 and Mac 10.11.
- Drop support for versions of Chrome prior to version 46.
- Chrome 48 and Chrome 49 are not added since the stable versions were recently released.
- At this time, support isn’t warranted but we expect full support by the end of the 1st quarter 2016 due to automatic upgrades.
Device Support Recommendations
- Add full support of Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android v5.0 and Android v5.1.
Please view the full device and browser support recommendations below. For future updates, contact us and we’ll send the latest updates via email as they are made available.